Fall 2017 schedule for Adult Basic & Secondary Education classes (for preparation for the GED, TASC, and HiSET) coming soon!
Our Adult Education program has a NEW PHONE NUMBER
You can reach us at (303) 835-1128
Spring Institute Community-Based Adult Education provides services for adults in the Denver metro area with classes in:
Classes are located in schools, libraries, workforce centers, and companies. Our classes include lessons on a range of topics, including financial literacy and civics, to help participants achieve goals in educational and career advancement, community engagement, and obtaining citizenship. All classes are taught by specially trained instructors and are tailored to different educational levels.
The Student Navigation Program at Spring Institute offers our Adult Education students the below services.
- Spring Institute program/class information
- Assistance with goal development
- Individual educational and career counseling
- Referrals to community and online resources for a variety of needs, such as housing and transportation
2016-2017 School Year Successes
In the 2016-2017 school year, Spring Institute’s Adult Education program:
- Served over 600 students across 17 locations in the Denver Metro area
- Created new positions of Lead Instructor and Curriculum, Instruction & Training Coordinator to strengthen training and support instructional staff members
- Launched the Student Navigation Program to assist participants in developing an educational and/or career plan of action
- Helped an estimated 63 participants across three Denver Public Library branch locations prepare for naturalization
- Started the Hospitality WorkStyles program, funded through the Office of Economic Development, which strengthens the English language skills of employees in the hospitality industry and prepares jobseekers for employment in that industry
- Developed new partnerships with St. Joseph Hospital, Magnolia Hotel, Crowne Plaza, Hope Communities, Centura Health, and others
- 48% of participants in our community program who took a pre- and post-assessment progressed one or more Educational Functioning Levels
- 58% of participants in our Workplace English classes who took a pre- and post-assessment progressed one or more Educational Functioning Levels
- 29% of participants who attended at least 30 hours of our Adult Basic or Secondary Education classes earned a High School Equivalency
- 75% of participants who completed our Parent to Paraprofessional program passed all three WorkKeys tests (reading for information, business writing, and math)
- 35% of participants had the interest and opportunity to meet individually with the Student Navigator one or more times
For more information, contact our Adult Education team using the link below or by calling (303) 835-1128.